3.25.2011

Tripod Lamp DIY

I haven't posted on here for awhile. I've been sort of overwhelmed with DIY projects but in a good way. A few weeks ago I bought a woodslice that I sanded down and now I'm looking for some hairpin legs to repurpose. I'm currently in the middle of making a tufted cushion for a mid-century cedar chest and finally I came across a vintage wooden telescope tripod I've been searching for on Monday.

Some inspiration:
tripods_ex
Ethan Allen $536 . Pottery Barn $299 . Macy's $325

My version:

light3

light2

Total cost: $15 lampshade, $2 vintage telescope tripod, $5 cord = 22.00
(Saved some money by reusing the socket and harp from a lamp I was going to discard). I also added using a hacksaw, pipe cutters and wiring a lamp socket to my skill set. There's a great tutorial online for this too, check out this blog post.